Due before Tuesday-class each week starting Feb 1st, 2022. Discussion leaders are exempt from this assignment on the week they are presenting.
This course is reading a writing intensive. We are surveying many methods. The review of readings is due by 9am on Tuesday before class. The review should be 300-400 words (about one page) on the readings assigned for that week.
Here is what your review should look like: You should answer each of these questions for each paper.
- How do the authors formulate their question? (quote the research question from the paper)
- What is the way of knowing?
- What is the evidence – what are the things that count as evidence (observation, measurement, pictures, …)?
- What is the design for their evidence collection?
- How do they collect their evidence?
- What sorts of instruments do they use (including things like surveys and other data collecting tools)?
- What is the method of knowing?
- What type of analysis do they do? (statistics or other formal analysis done on the data)
- Reflection on what this method allows the researcher to conclude. What is induced? What is left out?
- How might a method/approach from a different paradigm address the same problem?
- What cares? Who do the authors say should care? Who do you think would read this?
Submit Assignment via Canvas